Mary's Place

A web page about the life of a lady who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Name:
Location: Piedmont, Oklahoma, United States

I live in Piedmont, OK, with my Husband of 50 years who has been very supportive. We have 2 sons,David and Kenny, 6 grandkids, and 6 great grandkids. I enjoy feeding and watching the birds and squirrels. Before I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I ran a Licensed Day Care Home for Infants for 15 years. I noticed I wasn't able to remember important things and having problems with my speech. I was experiencing severe headaches. I would get lost. I didn't know how to use the computer. At the age of 55, I told my doctor. I was sent for an MRI. which showed a large amount of shrinkage. I went to a neurologist who sent me for two days of testing. I was diagnosed with dementia of the Alzheimer's type. My husband and I were both in shock. I had to give up my job. I went to see a social worker. I've taken Aricept for 11 years. I can now use the computer and even do this web page. I also host a chat room for dementia patients. This is a very lonely disease. I don't want anyone to feel as lonely as I did when I was diagnosed (I thought I was the only one over 50 that had Alzheimer's). In 2006 I started taking Namenda. Also I was told I have a mixed dementia, Alzheimer's/Vascular.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We are back, after a long weekend at the Last Chance camp ground… I had a great time fishing and catching fish. The wind was bad the whole time we were there but it didn’t stop me… On Sunday we went to Lori’s Grandma’s for her 89th birthday dinner. We were camping not far from their home. She is an amazing lady and we all love her… We got home last night and I got the laundry all done then fried the fish that I caught. Dave didn’t have much luck fishing. He caught a few but they weren’t large enough to keep and a turtle kept eating his worms… On our way home we stopped in Chandler to visit Lori’s Dad and Stepmother… I fixed supper, folded laundry, and made some hummingbird nectar. I haven’t seen any hummers but Kenny and Kathy said they had… I went to check on the garden and picked some radishes. The cucumbers, zucchini, and squash are coming up… Goodnight All… Keeping The Faith In Oklahoma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home