Mary's Place

A web page about the life of a lady who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Name:
Location: Piedmont, Oklahoma, United States

I live in Piedmont, OK, with my Husband of 50 years who has been very supportive. We have 2 sons,David and Kenny, 6 grandkids, and 6 great grandkids. I enjoy feeding and watching the birds and squirrels. Before I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I ran a Licensed Day Care Home for Infants for 15 years. I noticed I wasn't able to remember important things and having problems with my speech. I was experiencing severe headaches. I would get lost. I didn't know how to use the computer. At the age of 55, I told my doctor. I was sent for an MRI. which showed a large amount of shrinkage. I went to a neurologist who sent me for two days of testing. I was diagnosed with dementia of the Alzheimer's type. My husband and I were both in shock. I had to give up my job. I went to see a social worker. I've taken Aricept for 11 years. I can now use the computer and even do this web page. I also host a chat room for dementia patients. This is a very lonely disease. I don't want anyone to feel as lonely as I did when I was diagnosed (I thought I was the only one over 50 that had Alzheimer's). In 2006 I started taking Namenda. Also I was told I have a mixed dementia, Alzheimer's/Vascular.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Happy Birthday Erin!!! Erin is our granddaughter in Norman, Oklahoma… Another month is gone. Where does the time go? My days just fly by… I have been busy picking up, going through papers, paying bills, doing laundry, folding clothes, hosting chats, and helping fix supper. And in between all those things I was eating a snack. I am always hungry… Since the weather is nice I have been going out when it is time for the school bus and waving at Josh and Heather when they get off the bus. It does me good to see them wave back at me… This morning I was woke up with a phone call from the McGee Eye Institute. They had a cancellation for cataract surgery and asked if I would like to take it so I said yes. I am looking forward to getting this one done since I know now what to expect… I heard from Paula from the Alzheimer’s Assn. And she gave me the name of another phone buddy. I called her and found out she was diagnosed by Dr. Morgan, the same Neurologist who gave me my diagnosis. I invited this person to join us in the chat room at http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/mari5113/index.html … We finally got a little rain tonight. I don’t know if it was enough to do much good but every little bit helps… Alfred called and invited us for dinner tomorrow… Goodnight All… Keeping The Faith In Oklahoma

4 Comments:

Blogger Lose Weight said...

this post... I've enjoyed reading your blog. I was searching for work at home mums sites. I have a home based business and I wanted some ideas and tips. I also have a blog, it is www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com it’s new and it’s getting better all the time. Have a look if you want, but I'm moving house and have not posted in a while. I'll get back to it soon.

My other site is a work at home mums site. I recently decided to build my own income and I thought I searching for tips would help me become a better mentor.

Keep up the great work Mary Lockhart, I'll be back soon.

November 1, 2005 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Lose Weight said...

Greetings Mary Lockhart, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for work from home moms. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - work from home moms. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways Mary Lockhart, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

November 1, 2005 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Weight Loss said...

Hiya Mary Lockhart, I was searching around for info on how to start a home based business. I found your blog.

I was reading your post and believe it or not it’s helped me. Every tip I get helps, even if its just new phrases I have never used before, its helps me be a better mentor. This is my business link - work from home in the uk - check it out and see what you think.

Anyways Mary Lockhart, you have a good site. I'll be back.

November 4, 2005 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Lose Weight said...

Greetings Mary Lockhart, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for work from home pc. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - work from home pc. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways Mary Lockhart, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

November 5, 2005 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home