Mary's Place

A web page about the life of a lady who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Name:
Location: Piedmont, Oklahoma, United States

I live in Piedmont, OK, with my Husband of 50 years who has been very supportive. We have 2 sons,David and Kenny, 6 grandkids, and 6 great grandkids. I enjoy feeding and watching the birds and squirrels. Before I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I ran a Licensed Day Care Home for Infants for 15 years. I noticed I wasn't able to remember important things and having problems with my speech. I was experiencing severe headaches. I would get lost. I didn't know how to use the computer. At the age of 55, I told my doctor. I was sent for an MRI. which showed a large amount of shrinkage. I went to a neurologist who sent me for two days of testing. I was diagnosed with dementia of the Alzheimer's type. My husband and I were both in shock. I had to give up my job. I went to see a social worker. I've taken Aricept for 11 years. I can now use the computer and even do this web page. I also host a chat room for dementia patients. This is a very lonely disease. I don't want anyone to feel as lonely as I did when I was diagnosed (I thought I was the only one over 50 that had Alzheimer's). In 2006 I started taking Namenda. Also I was told I have a mixed dementia, Alzheimer's/Vascular.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

It sure doesn’t seem like December here in Piedmont, Oklahoma. It was 71 degrees today… I made a phone call to AT&T and complained about the phone calls coming in the middle of the night since we got U-Verse. The caller ID shows it is a call from our number and of course when we answer no one is there. Hopefully it is taken care of now and won’t happen again… I have been going through boxes of Christmas stuff and seeing what I can get rid of. We hang on to too much stuff. We got an ornament box. I am trying to get organized... I went to chat and fixed lunch and supper… David called and I called Larry Rose in Arkansas... I am watching a beautiful sunset tonight... Goodnight All… Keeping The Faith In Oklahoma

3 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Oh sounds lovely. 18 degrees here tonight and I still have my tree up and NOTHING organized.

December 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Oh sounds lovely. 18 degrees here tonight and I still have my tree up and NOTHING organized.

December 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger karen said...

It was warm here in Arkansas too. But going to be freezing again tomorrow night. I need to get rid of some old christmas stuff . But every time I get rid of something I feel bad about it for weeks.

December 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home