Mary's Place

A web page about the life of a lady who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Location: Piedmont, Oklahoma, United States

I live in Piedmont, OK, with my Husband of 50 years who has been very supportive. We have 2 sons,David and Kenny, 6 grandkids, and 6 great grandkids. I enjoy feeding and watching the birds and squirrels. Before I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I ran a Licensed Day Care Home for Infants for 15 years. I noticed I wasn't able to remember important things and having problems with my speech. I was experiencing severe headaches. I would get lost. I didn't know how to use the computer. At the age of 55, I told my doctor. I was sent for an MRI. which showed a large amount of shrinkage. I went to a neurologist who sent me for two days of testing. I was diagnosed with dementia of the Alzheimer's type. My husband and I were both in shock. I had to give up my job. I went to see a social worker. I've taken Aricept for 11 years. I can now use the computer and even do this web page. I also host a chat room for dementia patients. This is a very lonely disease. I don't want anyone to feel as lonely as I did when I was diagnosed (I thought I was the only one over 50 that had Alzheimer's). In 2006 I started taking Namenda. Also I was told I have a mixed dementia, Alzheimer's/Vascular.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

This has been a very hectic day for me. We left early this morning so I could get my lab work done at Dr. Brown’s. While I was there I asked if they could run a urine test on me since I haven’t been feeling well this week and running to the bathroom. They did and sure enough I had a bladder infection. I waited to get the results because we were going to Tinker AFB anyway to pick up other drugs. It was a long wait. Dr. Brown gave me a prescription for Cipro… We went by Sonic and picked up breakfast since I had been fasting for the lab work. I was ready for some coffee and breakfast… We got groceries after a long wait at the pharmacy… We got home and I helped put away almost $300.00 worth of groceries. Then I warmed up some of Lori’s leftovers and Lori they do come in handy. I was too tired to fix anything else… Then I had to hurry into the chat room so I could host tonight… I am really tired and I am off to bed now… Goodnight All… Keeping The Faith In Oklahoma


Post a Comment

<< Home