Mary's Place

A web page about the life of a lady who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Name:
Location: Piedmont, Oklahoma, United States

I live in Piedmont, OK, with my Husband of 50 years who has been very supportive. We have 2 sons,David and Kenny, 6 grandkids, and 6 great grandkids. I enjoy feeding and watching the birds and squirrels. Before I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I ran a Licensed Day Care Home for Infants for 15 years. I noticed I wasn't able to remember important things and having problems with my speech. I was experiencing severe headaches. I would get lost. I didn't know how to use the computer. At the age of 55, I told my doctor. I was sent for an MRI. which showed a large amount of shrinkage. I went to a neurologist who sent me for two days of testing. I was diagnosed with dementia of the Alzheimer's type. My husband and I were both in shock. I had to give up my job. I went to see a social worker. I've taken Aricept for 11 years. I can now use the computer and even do this web page. I also host a chat room for dementia patients. This is a very lonely disease. I don't want anyone to feel as lonely as I did when I was diagnosed (I thought I was the only one over 50 that had Alzheimer's). In 2006 I started taking Namenda. Also I was told I have a mixed dementia, Alzheimer's/Vascular.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I did not post a journal last night because I was hurting and too tired to post one… Dave and I went to Tinker yesterday to get our drugs at the pharmacy and they were having a Grand Opening at the new Commissary and they were giving away a lot of great prizes. A Harley Davidson Motorcycle, a Mini Cooper Convertible, Washer and Dryer, and many great other prizes. We checked it out and bought a bunch of groceries. I hope we win something. The new Commissary is very nice… We took care of a lot of errands yesterday and didn’t get home till late. We had bought a rotisserie chicken for our supper. But were so disappointed when we sat down to eat that it wasn’t good and done. I called this morning and complained to the manager and he said that the next time we come in they will give us another chicken… After dinner I went up to Kenny and Kathy’s with a DVD that I got from Net Flix, “Bewitched” and watched it with Kathy, Josh and Heather… When I got home my legs were hurting so bad I was wondering if I would ever be able to walk again. I didn’t ride my bike, just went straight to bed… My legs were feeling much better this morning and I rode the bike again… I hosted chat, watered the indoor plants, fixed lunch and supper… David called… Goodnight All… Keeping The Faith In Oklahoma

2 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

November 9, 2005 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Andrey said...

Open thread
The last open thread is filling up, and it looks like people really need to talk about this ... 12 Blogs - it's for you.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction safety equipment on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction safety equipment!

November 9, 2005 at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home